Sites 4 Moms: Natural Remedies and Advice
by Kathleen Bieke
The health conscious person may wish to visit prevention.com You will find some great information on their website. They have four main pages: health, weight loss and fitness, food and community. All offer lots of good information including; recipe makeovers that tell you the calorie and fat difference by using their cooking suggestions and why certain foods are so good for you. There is advice ranging from getting pregnant after 40 to information about head lice (don't be squeamish, you moms! It could happen to your child.)
There are plenty of Ask the Expert segments and even a virtual pediatrician. The virtual pediatrician offers information on a variety of conditions from bedwetting, dawdling and hair tangles to many other topics.
Like most large websites, they offer chat and quite a few message boards. The message boards include: aging parents, natural remedies, quitting smoking and menopause aka, "Is it hot in here or is it just me?"
A really great feature is that Prevention focuses on natural alternatives for medical healing. I will see a medical doctor when needed but mankind has been around a lot longer then the AMA and I prefer to try a natural approach whenever possible. Prevention.com gets my highest rating. Be sure to visit this comprehensive site and save it as a favorite. Until next time.
Copyright 2000 Kathleen Bieke. All Rights Reserved.
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Are there any good generic dog food brands?
- A financial safety net for single moms
- Keeping your kids well-clothed for less
- Fun recipes to keep the kids busy this summer
- Kids' parties: Keeping the expenses down while turning up the fun
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator