Aerostar Heater Lacking
by Bob DeP.
I have a '93 Ford Aerostar that the heater barely gets warm. The temp gauge stays low. It gets up to the "N" in NORMAL then drops down and will go back and forth like this. It never seems to get above the N unless it is run a long time, shuts down for a while then it will come up above the N. But as soon as you start driving it will go back down. Is it a stuck thermostat or something else?
It seems to me that the thermostat is stuck in the open position and not allowing the water to heat up sufficiently. Try replacing it and I bet you will be nice and warm.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- Tricks to painting interior trim
- Affordable chimney care
- Do-it-yourself brick walkways
- The pros and cons of having a homeowners association
- 5 places to find free firewood
- Homemade detergent for HE washing machines
- 5 best budget decorating tips under $20
- How to make garden stones
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?