Aerostar Heater Lacking
by Bob DeP.
I have a '93 Ford Aerostar that the heater barely gets warm. The temp gauge stays low. It gets up to the "N" in NORMAL then drops down and will go back and forth like this. It never seems to get above the N unless it is run a long time, shuts down for a while then it will come up above the N. But as soon as you start driving it will go back down. Is it a stuck thermostat or something else?
It seems to me that the thermostat is stuck in the open position and not allowing the water to heat up sufficiently. Try replacing it and I bet you will be nice and warm.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Financial benefits to living in a mobile or manufactured home
- Repurposing an entertainment center
- How to renew your home's doors
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Planning your summer garden
- The natural feeding of roses
- Removing mold from your walls
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 things to do before you buy a home
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?