Aerostar Heater Lacking
by Bob DeP.
I have a '93 Ford Aerostar that the heater barely gets warm. The temp gauge stays low. It gets up to the "N" in NORMAL then drops down and will go back and forth like this. It never seems to get above the N unless it is run a long time, shuts down for a while then it will come up above the N. But as soon as you start driving it will go back down. Is it a stuck thermostat or something else?
It seems to me that the thermostat is stuck in the open position and not allowing the water to heat up sufficiently. Try replacing it and I bet you will be nice and warm.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.