Aerostar Heater Lacking
by Bob DeP.
I have a '93 Ford Aerostar that the heater barely gets warm. The temp gauge stays low. It gets up to the "N" in NORMAL then drops down and will go back and forth like this. It never seems to get above the N unless it is run a long time, shuts down for a while then it will come up above the N. But as soon as you start driving it will go back down. Is it a stuck thermostat or something else?
It seems to me that the thermostat is stuck in the open position and not allowing the water to heat up sufficiently. Try replacing it and I bet you will be nice and warm.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Your trickiest cleaning problems solved
- How to eliminate mosquitos for less Insider Report
- Choosing a roadside assistance plan
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?