Saving Phone and Door Time
by Sharon Powell
We are always on the run these days, and so often the phone and doorbell can make the problem that much worse. Here are two easy ways to help cut down on those lost minutes. When you call a company and they start in on, "push 1 if...then push 2 if..." and so on, just don't push anything. In most cases, if you don't push any buttons they will treat you like a rotary phone owner and immediately put you through to an operator, then transfer you to the right person. In rare cases, they have a system where you have to "say 1 if...say 2 if...", but not very often. So resist that urge and don't touch that dial pad!
To help get rid of the door to door interruptions, type or write the following on a little card and tape it to your door. "No Salesmen or Solicitors (Charity, Religious, or Otherwise)". Since I put that sign up, I've only had one person knock in over 10 years. POST IT...by your phone and on your door.
Trending on TDS
- Free things you can get while traveling
- How to shop for vintage clothing
- How to choose the right gym
- The etiquette of gift exchanging
- Make your own Christmas topiaries
- Gift-giving etiquette tips for the holidays
- 5 ways to look good for less
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- Cut cable-TV costs with internet TV