Cheesy Chili Fries
by Patti Chadwick
Are you hosting or attending holiday parties this year where teenagers will be attending? Why not try this teen favorite. It's quick and it's easy and your teens will love it!
Cheesy Chili Fries
- 1 2 lb. bag of frozen French fries
- 1 15 oz. can Hormel Chili with beans
- 1 16 oz jar of Cheez Wiz/li>
Prepare French Fries as directed on package. Warm chili in saucepan on stove. Microwave Cheez Wiz until warm.
Arrange French Fries on a large serving platter. Pour hot chili over French Fries. Pour warm cheese over chili. Serve.
If you are looking for a more frugal way to prepare this recipe, just make the changes below:
- 5 potatoes, peeled and sliced into French Fries
- 2 cups of homemade chili
- 1 can (11 oz.) Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 14 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp. Wocestershire sauce
- Deep fry or bake homemade French fries
- Prepare cheese sauce by mixing soup, milk mustard and Worcestershire sauce together and heating until it boils. >
- Arrange French Fries on a large serving platter and pour hot chili over French Fries and hot cheese sauce over the chili.
Looking for some other great Teen Friendly recipes? You will find them at Patti's Free newsletter, Parents and Teens. Parents and Teens is a twice monthly newsletter geared to help parents connect with their teens. Patti also is editor of History's Women, a weekly newsletter highlighting the extraordinary achievements of women. Subscribe to either newsletter at historyswomen.com/subscribe.html
Trending on TDS
- Affordable ways to enjoy national parks
- Make your own baby food
- Save money living with your grown up kids or parents
- How to write a will that will protect your heirs
- Build a backyard play area on a budget
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in April
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- April bargains in supermarkets and beyond
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator