Paint tile countertops to create a new look
Readers Respond: Rejuvenating Tile Countertops
Rejuvenate Your Countertops
Updating Tile Countertops
Corian Countertop Repair
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
Info Not Thorough Enough
I painted our laminate countertops with Krylon Fusion paint, which bonds extremely well to plastics and laminate countertops. The paint I chose is a silver-black with hammered finish. The countertops are a beautiful glossy silver-black-gray mottled color and my wife really loves the new look. Painting all of the countertops in our kitchen cost $24 in spray paint, tape and plastic. We are Kiltzing the wood cabinets, then painting them glossy oil-based enamel white and changing the hardware too.
You can paint the laminate countertops if you prep the plastic/laminate surface well and you choose a paint that will bond well with the surface. If you choose the wrong paint, I'm sure it can be a disaster. Here's one word of advice about the Krylon Fusion paint, however. Ventilate the kitchen very well prior, and watch for fine mist overspray. I found that out the hard way. Thank goodness I painted the countertops first.
Painting Worked Great
I painted my counter top and it looks great. I used rust scat latex high-gloss enamel marine paint. First, I cleaned it with comet and then I sanded it. Make sure that any residue is cleaned off with clear water. I painted on a base coat and then put on four more colors with sea sponges. I sealed around the sink with clear caulk. The counter was a country blue.
To see the original on painting counter tops, just click here.
Take the Next Step
- Change the color of your laminate countertops.
- Update your kitchen without buying new cupboards.
- Redecorate your kitchen cheaply
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Will my insurance spike if I rent out my basement?
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- 5 tips to sell a home before buying another
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?