Readers Respond: Scavenger Hunt Ideas
Throwing a Great Party for Less
Smashing Parties on a Budget
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
Let Your Fingers Do the Work
We had a scavenger hunt with ten questions. All the answers would be one-digit numbers, and in the end, all the numbers would come together to form a phone number. We called that phone number and the voicemail told us where to go to the finish line.
Patriotic Scavenger Hunt
I enjoyed reading your article on scavenger hunts. I am planning a big scavenger hunt on July 4th at our local VFW Post and would like some ideas. Participants will be looking for items both inside and out, but not driving. A couple ideas I have might stimulate an idea from you:
- paint some stones red, white and blue for them to find
- hide toy soilders and tanks
- hide small, 3" flags
- stuff plastic Easter eggs with prizes near the pond (we have many ducks and geese)
- business card (trying to have guests mingle with each other)
- ask someone you don't know for a piece of gum
- a kiss (hide a Hershey's kiss)
- a fish or a crab (find plastic toys in children's section)
- a jack (hide some jacks and a Jack from a deck of cards)
- jewels from a treasure chest (toy jewelery)
Any other fun ideas. I have time to buy props and paint them red, white and blue. I would like to keep guests mainly outside. We have the following to work with: pond, bushes, trees, porch, mailbox, a field, a decorated hall with a kitchen, and a bar.
Take the Next Step:
- Plan a great party inexpensively.
- Have a fun, stress-free party.
- Learn more about party planning on a budget.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Where to find the best deals in February
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- 10 time savers for recapturing lost hours
- Why I won't buy roses on Valentine's Day
- Start planning your beach vacation now