Readers Respond: Scavenger Hunt Ideas
Throwing a Great Party for Less
Smashing Parties on a Budget
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
Let Your Fingers Do the Work
We had a scavenger hunt with ten questions. All the answers would be one-digit numbers, and in the end, all the numbers would come together to form a phone number. We called that phone number and the voicemail told us where to go to the finish line.
Patriotic Scavenger Hunt
I enjoyed reading your article on scavenger hunts. I am planning a big scavenger hunt on July 4th at our local VFW Post and would like some ideas. Participants will be looking for items both inside and out, but not driving. A couple ideas I have might stimulate an idea from you:
- paint some stones red, white and blue for them to find
- hide toy soilders and tanks
- hide small, 3" flags
- stuff plastic Easter eggs with prizes near the pond (we have many ducks and geese)
- business card (trying to have guests mingle with each other)
- ask someone you don't know for a piece of gum
- a kiss (hide a Hershey's kiss)
- a fish or a crab (find plastic toys in children's section)
- a jack (hide some jacks and a Jack from a deck of cards)
- jewels from a treasure chest (toy jewelery)
Any other fun ideas. I have time to buy props and paint them red, white and blue. I would like to keep guests mainly outside. We have the following to work with: pond, bushes, trees, porch, mailbox, a field, a decorated hall with a kitchen, and a bar.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Take the Next Step:
- Plan a great party inexpensively.
- Have a fun, stress-free party.
- Learn more about party planning on a budget.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- Worst 6 products to buy in May if you want a bargain
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- 4 reasons you want to declutter your life
- How to make a sisal rope cat-scratching post
- The 2-Minute Dollar Stretcher: Simple tricks for budgeting your time Video