Readers Respond: Scavenger Hunt Ideas
Throwing a Great Party for Less
Smashing Parties on a Budget
We welcome your opinions. These are some comments/ideas that readers wanted to share. Link to original article here.
Let Your Fingers Do the Work
We had a scavenger hunt with ten questions. All the answers would be one-digit numbers, and in the end, all the numbers would come together to form a phone number. We called that phone number and the voicemail told us where to go to the finish line.
Patriotic Scavenger Hunt
I enjoyed reading your article on scavenger hunts. I am planning a big scavenger hunt on July 4th at our local VFW Post and would like some ideas. Participants will be looking for items both inside and out, but not driving. A couple ideas I have might stimulate an idea from you:
- paint some stones red, white and blue for them to find
- hide toy soilders and tanks
- hide small, 3" flags
- stuff plastic Easter eggs with prizes near the pond (we have many ducks and geese)
- business card (trying to have guests mingle with each other)
- ask someone you don't know for a piece of gum
- a kiss (hide a Hershey's kiss)
- a fish or a crab (find plastic toys in children's section)
- a jack (hide some jacks and a Jack from a deck of cards)
- jewels from a treasure chest (toy jewelery)
Any other fun ideas. I have time to buy props and paint them red, white and blue. I would like to keep guests mainly outside. We have the following to work with: pond, bushes, trees, porch, mailbox, a field, a decorated hall with a kitchen, and a bar.
Take the Next Step:
- Plan a great party inexpensively.
- Have a fun, stress-free party.
- Learn more about party planning on a budget.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- Tools for reaching your goals Slideshow
- Natural flea prevention
- Don't overspend on your wedding
- 8 ways to scam-proof your next vacation home rental
- Tips for profitable yard sale presentation
- What's on sale in March
- 5 types of freebies you can snag today
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in March
- 5 dental scams that can put the bite on you
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 5 cheap -- or even free -- ways to exercise