by Bob DeP. AskBob@stretcher.com
I have a Civic with 24,000 miles on it and when I brake it feels like they are grabbing more at one point in the rotation. It feels like the brakes are being pumped, but they're not. It's most noticeable at low speeds and I think I can even feel it when I'm not braking, but it's very, very mild. What do you think?
It sounds like the rotors might be warped. It happens. If you can do it yourself, remove the rotors from your car and take them to an auto parts store or a speed shop for resurfacing.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Creating an outdoor kitchen
- Eliminating bed bugs
- Managing home projects
- Saving on water one drop at a time
- Cheaper summer cooling
- Inexpensive landscaping ideas
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?