by Bob DeP. AskBob@stretcher.com
I have a Civic with 24,000 miles on it and when I brake it feels like they are grabbing more at one point in the rotation. It feels like the brakes are being pumped, but they're not. It's most noticeable at low speeds and I think I can even feel it when I'm not braking, but it's very, very mild. What do you think?
It sounds like the rotors might be warped. It happens. If you can do it yourself, remove the rotors from your car and take them to an auto parts store or a speed shop for resurfacing.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Safe and natural hardwood floor cleaner
- Sectional sofas in small spaces
- Cleaning tile floors
- Could a home security system be right for you?
- Make your own Christmas topiaries
- Natural home clean up
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?