by Bob DeP. AskBob@stretcher.com
I have a Civic with 24,000 miles on it and when I brake it feels like they are grabbing more at one point in the rotation. It feels like the brakes are being pumped, but they're not. It's most noticeable at low speeds and I think I can even feel it when I'm not braking, but it's very, very mild. What do you think?
It sounds like the rotors might be warped. It happens. If you can do it yourself, remove the rotors from your car and take them to an auto parts store or a speed shop for resurfacing.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- Avoid mortgage closing costs on a refinance?
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?