by Bob DeP. AskBob@stretcher.com
I have a Civic with 24,000 miles on it and when I brake it feels like they are grabbing more at one point in the rotation. It feels like the brakes are being pumped, but they're not. It's most noticeable at low speeds and I think I can even feel it when I'm not braking, but it's very, very mild. What do you think?
It sounds like the rotors might be warped. It happens. If you can do it yourself, remove the rotors from your car and take them to an auto parts store or a speed shop for resurfacing.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- What's that little switch on my ceiling fan?
- Tips for cleaning home siding
- How to decorate a backyard gazebo Readers' Solutions
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?