Teen-Friendly Recipes: Pizza Bagels
by Patti Chadwick
I don't know about your teenagers, but mine love Bagel Bites, which are basically tiny little bagels with pizza toppings on them. They are not only tasty, they are expensive! Try this inexpensive alternative.
To save even more money, you can use the store brand bagels, but we find Lenders are the best quality. You can use regular size bagels, or buy a bag of "bagelettes".
- 1 pk Lenders Bagels
- 1 cup of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 lb. pepperoni in a chunk
Turn oven on Broil. Lightly toast bagels in toaster and set face up on a cookie sheet. Cut (do not slice) pepperoni into small chunks. Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce on bagel. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and top with pepperoni. Put under broiler until cheese melts, about 1 minute. Serve warm.
Looking for some other great Teen Friendly recipes? You will find them at Patti's Free newsletter, Parents & Teens. Parents & Teens is a twice monthly newsletter geared to help parents connect with their teens. Subscribe at Parents and Teens Patti also is editor of History's Women, a weekly newsletter highlighting the extraordinary achievements of women. Subscribe at www.historyswomen.com/subscribe.html or by sending a blank email to: email@example.com.
Trending on TDS
- 13 ways to pull your kids away from technology this summer
- Family reunion food
- Baby toys you can make
- 9 tools for getting and staying organized
- Making ends meet as a single parent
- Kid friendly vacations on a tank of gas
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in July
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- 5 ideas for a kid-free mom cave
- In your 30s with kids? You need life insurance
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator