Teen-Friendly Recipes: Pizza Bagels
by Patti Chadwick
I don't know about your teenagers, but mine love Bagel Bites, which are basically tiny little bagels with pizza toppings on them. They are not only tasty, they are expensive! Try this inexpensive alternative.
To save even more money, you can use the store brand bagels, but we find Lenders are the best quality. You can use regular size bagels, or buy a bag of "bagelettes".
- 1 pk Lenders Bagels
- 1 cup of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 lb. pepperoni in a chunk
Turn oven on Broil. Lightly toast bagels in toaster and set face up on a cookie sheet. Cut (do not slice) pepperoni into small chunks. Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce on bagel. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and top with pepperoni. Put under broiler until cheese melts, about 1 minute. Serve warm.
Looking for some other great Teen Friendly recipes? You will find them at Patti's Free newsletter, Parents & Teens. Parents & Teens is a twice monthly newsletter geared to help parents connect with their teens. Subscribe at Parents and Teens Patti also is editor of History's Women, a weekly newsletter highlighting the extraordinary achievements of women. Subscribe at www.historyswomen.com/subscribe.html or by sending a blank email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Sizzling savings: The 10 best deals in July
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- How are relationships faeected by money?
- What's best for baby? Store vs. name brands
- Happy homemaking the homemade way
- This week's Readers' Tips