courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1992 Mitsubishi Diamante with 89,000 miles and recently I have had the battery and the alternator replaced because my car would quit running whenever I would come to a stop. At first It would start right up, however later after it had stopped a couple of times, I was unable to get it to start.
Thankfully, I got a jump and it started working right away. Anyway, so I got the battery and the alternator replaced, and everything was fine for about three weeks until a week ago. Now whenever I drive my car at night it quits whenever I come to a complete stop. Just like last time it starts back up whenever I turn it off and turn it on again. In addition my power windows have been acting up as well as my car alarm. What should I do? Should I take it back to Pep Boys where I had the alternator and battery replaced or should I go to Mitsubishi? Do you think it something other than the battery and alternator?
It would sound like the alternator is still not putting out enough for the car to run with full electrical load. I would take it back to Pep Boys and have them run a diagnosis on the system.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- How to build a contemporary outdoor fireplace
- Finding an affordable safe handyman
- Tips for taking in a renter
- How little things can make your décor pop
- Building a winter green house
- A natural approach to eliminating pet odors
- Cost-effective solutions to rid your home of black snakes
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?