Gift Ideas for Teen Girls
by Rachel Paxton
Unique Gifts for Teens
Christmas Gift Baskets for Teens
Easter Baskets for Teens
Christmas, birthdays, graduations...these are all occasions when we might struggle to come up with an inexpensive gift idea for the teenage girl in our life. Following are some gift ideas that can be purchased for $15 or less. Be creative, shop ahead of time, and watch for sales!
Teenage girls always enjoy scented body washes, lotions, perfumes, and powders. Lip gloss and finger nail polish are also popular with teens. Watch for sales and put together a gift basket. One of my daughter's favorite birthday presents was a set of scented hand sanitizers! Stay away from hair accessories and jewelry unless you know the teen very well.
Most teen girls love to write. Give them journals to write in. A friend of mine gave my daughter a special journal and pen to write with. This journal quickly became my daughter's book of poems. She's been adding to her poems for several years now and will treasure this special journal forever. Stationery and stickers are also always welcome. Teenage girls never get tired of writing notes to each other. Gel pens are also very popular and make writing more fun.
Give a gift card that can be used for a CD, favorite clothing store, or movie tickets.
If you want to get creative, take a favorite photo and frame it. Something meaningful to the teen. My daughter was in a school play with a couple of her friends and one of them took a photo of the entire cast of the play and framed it for my daughter. It is a real keepsake and was one of her favorite birthday presents. Another friend of my daughter's moved away, and my daughter decided that for her friend's birthday she would take pictures of all their friends and put together a photo album to surprise her.
Rachel Paxton is a freelance writer and mom of five. For recipes, cleaning tips, gardening, frugal living, holiday hints, and more, visit her site and sign up for her weekly newsletter at www.creativehomemaking.com
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- 9 homemade toys for toddlers and preschool boys
- 10 steps to help your college student avoid scholarship scams
- What is the best type of life insurance for new parents?
- How to assemble affordable emergency supplies
- Don't penny pinch the romance out of your marriage
- 5 steps to raising a money-savvy teen
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in July
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- 5 ideas for a kid-free mom cave
- In your 30s with kids? You need life insurance
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator