Easy Chocolate Spots for Kids
by Amanda Formaro
These cookies are so easy, even the littlest of helpers can join in the fun. Ultimately no real baking is required, just some quick assembly and cooling time, and you'll be the coolest Mom in town!
You will need:
- Vanilla wafer cookies
- Round pretzels
- 1 bag of Hershey's chocolate Kisses
- Valentine candy hearts
- Valentine M&M candies
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place vanilla wafer cookies 1-inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Set a Hershey's chocolate Kiss on the center of each cookie. Bake at 200 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and gently press an M&M candy or a candy heart into the center of the softened Hershey's Kiss. Allow to cool completely to let the chocolate harden again. You can cool in the refrigerator, but the chocolate will soften again after coming out of the refrigerator. Just allow them to sit long enough to harden up again.
Place pretzels 1-inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Place a Hershey's chocolate Kiss in the center of each pretzel and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently press an M&M candy or candy heart into the center of the softened chocolate. When pressing down you may need to wiggle the chocolate around a little to fill in any gaps between the chocolate and the pretzel. This will help the chocolate stick to the pretzel. Allow to cool completely same as above (cookies).
Amanda Formaro is the entrepreneurial, homeschooling mother of four children. She and her husband live in southeastern Wisconsin. She is also the owner of http://familycorner.com Magazine. Subscribe to her free weekly kid's craft newsletter, Busy Little Hands, by sending any email message to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting her website at http://familycorner.com Copyright 2001, http://familycorner.com
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- The 12 best bargains for shoppers in April
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 8 habits that plug parental spending leaks
- 3 great low-cost summer activities with kids
- Keeping your pet out of the economic doghouse
- Frugal living ideas for large families Readers' Solutions
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator