Lemon Herb Chicken
by Chet's Crock
Courtesy of Bobbi Spofford
- 1 lemon
- 2 or more smashed garlic cloves
- 1 large roasting chicken, skin removed
- 8 oz. container of lemon flavored yogurt
- Approximately 2 tablespoons of herbs (I use sage, thyme and rosemary - be creative. And dried is fine.)
Cut lemon in half, squeeze most of the juice into the yogurt, and stuff the lemon halves and garlic cloves into the cavity of the chicken. Add the herbs to the yogurt and mix well. Put the chicken in the crockpot and cover with the yogurt mix. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours (or however long you're at work.)
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
Money-Saving Tools for Families
Trending This Week
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Is the economy killing fatherhood?
- How much does the Tooth Fairy leave at your house?
- Teaching kids how to do basic home repairs
- Finding new childcare solutions
- This week's Readers' Tips