Lemon Herb Chicken
by Chet's Crock
Courtesy of Bobbi Spofford
- 1 lemon
- 2 or more smashed garlic cloves
- 1 large roasting chicken, skin removed
- 8 oz. container of lemon flavored yogurt
- Approximately 2 tablespoons of herbs (I use sage, thyme and rosemary - be creative. And dried is fine.)
Cut lemon in half, squeeze most of the juice into the yogurt, and stuff the lemon halves and garlic cloves into the cavity of the chicken. Add the herbs to the yogurt and mix well. Put the chicken in the crockpot and cover with the yogurt mix. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours (or however long you're at work.)
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Also In This Week's Issue
- Money skills key to child's future
- 6 steps to a successful money talk with your spouse
- 5 creative ways to wrap gift cards
- Thrifty stocking stuffers
- Should your kid take a part-time job?
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- Healthy family breakfasts
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free parenting tips in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Dollar Stretcher for Parents.