A Clothes Swap Coffee
by Colleen Moulding
We all have perfectly good clothing in our wardrobes that we never wear. Maybe the colour doesn't suit us or we have lost or gained weight. Whatever the reason, the clothes hang there taking up space we could use for other things and making us feel guilty about the money wasted on them.
Here is a simple way to clear the clutter out of your wardrobe, spend time with your friends and maybe make enough money to buy something new as well.
Firstly, invite your friends to bring over items they want to sell. Decide on a reasonable, fairly low price for that item, adding a percentage, say 25%, for you the hostess, and pin the price on to the item where it is clearly visible.
On the morning of the sale all you have to do is provide coffee and biscuits, a mirror and somewhere to try on clothes, and some music to make a jolly atmosphere.
Even if you only make a pound or a couple of dollars on each item, multiply that by 15 or 20 and that's a nice little profit for just spending time with friends anyway. Add children s clothes to the idea, we all know how they outgrow hardly worn items, or toys and household goods like lamps, china, bedding etc. make it a regular monthly or fortnightly occurrence and you will have people beating a path to your door.
Make sure that people who want to take away their unsold items do so before they leave and decide as a group whether items left over are saved for the next sale, (consider any storage problems) donated to charity or goodwill shops or taken to a local women's refuge where they will be much appreciated by women who have often had to leave bad situations with just what they had on at the time.
Colleen Moulding is a freelance writer from England where she has had many features on parenting, childcare, play, travel, entertaining and the Internet published in national newspapers and magazines. She has also published a variety of women's and children's fiction. Her work frequently appears at many sites on the Internet and at her own site for women All That Women Want.com a magazine, web guide and resource for women everywhere. Why not drop by? It was made for you! allthatwomenwant.com Subscribe to the free monthly e-zine by sending a blank e-mail to email@example.com. Copyright Colleen Moulding
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- Deck clean-up and repair
- How not to become 'house poor'
- Pricing garage sale items
- Free and extremely cheap sources of mulch
- Creating an outdoor room on a budget
- How to frugally remove a tree
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?