courtesy of Chet's Crock
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 c pinto beans (dried)
- 5 c water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 c red kidney beans (dried)
- 1/2 c lima beans (dried)
- 1/2 c split peas, uncooked, yellow
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 c mixed chopped vegetables (potatoes, carrots, celery etc. whatever you have on hand)
Soak the dried beans overnight or use quick soak method. Dump everything in the crockpot all at once and cook for about 8 hours.
contributed to Chet's Crock by Catherine
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Where to find the best deals in February
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- When your teen is ready for their first car
- Save over $2000 in baby's first year
- Get rid of lice for good!
- Ways to avoid the high cost of a divorce
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator