courtesy of Chet's Crock
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 c pinto beans (dried)
- 5 c water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 c red kidney beans (dried)
- 1/2 c lima beans (dried)
- 1/2 c split peas, uncooked, yellow
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 c mixed chopped vegetables (potatoes, carrots, celery etc. whatever you have on hand)
Soak the dried beans overnight or use quick soak method. Dump everything in the crockpot all at once and cook for about 8 hours.
contributed to Chet's Crock by Catherine
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- Getting kids to complete chores
- Cutting the cost of baby's first year Video
- Does it really pay to have two people working?
- Making the transition to stay-st-home mom
- Homemade toys for babies
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in April
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- April bargains in supermarkets and beyond
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator