courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Here in Northeast Ohio it is finally time to crank up the air conditioning in my 1991 Honda Accord (at least this week). Trouble is, I have a strong musty smell emanating from the blower now. What is causing this and what can be done? It is really nasty and probably none too healthy.
That is mold or mildew that has grown in the vents from the dampness. Sometimes, just running the blower on high for a while will clear it out. You can also use a household cleaner, but then you would have to live with that smell as well.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 15 mistakes to avoid when selling your home
- 9 ways to buy furniture for less
- Need a bigger home? How to maximize the space you already have
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?