courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Here in Northeast Ohio it is finally time to crank up the air conditioning in my 1991 Honda Accord (at least this week). Trouble is, I have a strong musty smell emanating from the blower now. What is causing this and what can be done? It is really nasty and probably none too healthy.
That is mold or mildew that has grown in the vents from the dampness. Sometimes, just running the blower on high for a while will clear it out. You can also use a household cleaner, but then you would have to live with that smell as well.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.