courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Here in Northeast Ohio it is finally time to crank up the air conditioning in my 1991 Honda Accord (at least this week). Trouble is, I have a strong musty smell emanating from the blower now. What is causing this and what can be done? It is really nasty and probably none too healthy.
That is mold or mildew that has grown in the vents from the dampness. Sometimes, just running the blower on high for a while will clear it out. You can also use a household cleaner, but then you would have to live with that smell as well.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Downsizing to a smaller house
- How to clean a stone fireplace
- Clear out Christmas clutter
- Romantic bedrooms on a budget
- Cleaning dryer vents
- Helping a packrat get organized
- Convenient floor cleaners
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?