courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Here in Northeast Ohio it is finally time to crank up the air conditioning in my 1991 Honda Accord (at least this week). Trouble is, I have a strong musty smell emanating from the blower now. What is causing this and what can be done? It is really nasty and probably none too healthy.
That is mold or mildew that has grown in the vents from the dampness. Sometimes, just running the blower on high for a while will clear it out. You can also use a household cleaner, but then you would have to live with that smell as well.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Financial benefits to living in a mobile or manufactured home
- Repurposing an entertainment center
- How to renew your home's doors
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Planning your summer garden
- The natural feeding of roses
- Removing mold from your walls
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 things to do before you buy a home
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?