100,000 Mile Air Filters
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
What is your opinion on K & N air filters? Is it true that they last up to 100,000 miles?
The reason that they last so long is because they are cleanable and reusable. They will collect the dirt just as well as anything else, but they do need to be cleaned periodically. Personally, I really like K&N filters. I use them in all my vehicles. It really "woke up" our new Taurus 3.0 DOHC. One thing, I am not making a personal endorsement of this product. I do not do that. You must evaluate the product for your particular application.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive maintenance section and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. Compare them now to find the best one for you.
Trending on TDS
Helpful Tools & Resources
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?