100,000 Mile Air Filters
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
What is your opinion on K & N air filters? Is it true that they last up to 100,000 miles?
The reason that they last so long is because they are cleanable and reusable. They will collect the dirt just as well as anything else, but they do need to be cleaned periodically. Personally, I really like K&N filters. I use them in all my vehicles. It really "woke up" our new Taurus 3.0 DOHC. One thing, I am not making a personal endorsement of this product. I do not do that. You must evaluate the product for your particular application.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?