100,000 Mile Air Filters
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
What is your opinion on K & N air filters? Is it true that they last up to 100,000 miles?
The reason that they last so long is because they are cleanable and reusable. They will collect the dirt just as well as anything else, but they do need to be cleaned periodically. Personally, I really like K&N filters. I use them in all my vehicles. It really "woke up" our new Taurus 3.0 DOHC. One thing, I am not making a personal endorsement of this product. I do not do that. You must evaluate the product for your particular application.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- Financial benefits to living in a mobile or manufactured home
- Repurposing an entertainment center
- How to renew your home's doors
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Planning your summer garden
- The natural feeding of roses
- Removing mold from your walls
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 things to do before you buy a home
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?