Converting Slow Cooker Recipes
courtesy of Chet's Crock
Oven To Slow Cooker Conversions
For most slow cookers, the low setting is about 200 degrees F. and the high setting is about 300 degrees F.
One hour on high is equal to 2 to 2 1/2 hours on low.
Here are the conversions for regular ovens to slow cookers:
- 15 to 30 minutes oven = 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours on high in slow cooker or 4-6 hours on low.
- 35 to 45 minutes oven = 3 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- 60 minutes to 3 hours oven = 4-5 hours on high or 8-18 hours on low.
Most uncooked meat and vegetable combinations require at least 8 hours on low.
Fabulous slow cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- Financial issues for Alzheimer's families
- How to become a work at home mom Video
- Is Amazon Subscribe & Save worth it?
- Prom party decorations for less
- Should you pay for your kids' college?
- How to reduce the cost of divorce
- Surviving as a single mom
- Frugal Easter basket ideas
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- March bargains in supermarket and beyond
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in March
- 5 types of freebies you can snag today
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator