Converting Slow Cooker Recipes
courtesy of Chet's Crock
Oven To Slow Cooker Conversions
For most slow cookers, the low setting is about 200 degrees F. and the high setting is about 300 degrees F.
One hour on high is equal to 2 to 2 1/2 hours on low.
Here are the conversions for regular ovens to slow cookers:
- 15 to 30 minutes oven = 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours on high in slow cooker or 4-6 hours on low.
- 35 to 45 minutes oven = 3 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- 60 minutes to 3 hours oven = 4-5 hours on high or 8-18 hours on low.
Most uncooked meat and vegetable combinations require at least 8 hours on low.
Fabulous slow cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
Trending on TDS
- Using coupons at The Dollar Tree
- Talking to aging parents about finances Expert Interview
- Baby toys you can make
- How to reduce the cost of lunchmeat
- 5 tips for working at home with kids
- 6 ways to control your back-to-school spending
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in July
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- 5 ideas for a kid-free mom cave
- In your 30s with kids? You need life insurance
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator