Converting Slow Cooker Recipes
courtesy of Chet's Crock
Oven To Slow Cooker Conversions
For most slow cookers, the low setting is about 200 degrees F. and the high setting is about 300 degrees F.
One hour on high is equal to 2 to 2 1/2 hours on low.
Here are the conversions for regular ovens to slow cookers:
- 15 to 30 minutes oven = 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours on high in slow cooker or 4-6 hours on low.
- 35 to 45 minutes oven = 3 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- 60 minutes to 3 hours oven = 4-5 hours on high or 8-18 hours on low.
Most uncooked meat and vegetable combinations require at least 8 hours on low.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Fabulous slow cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 10 bargains you shouldn't miss in June
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Keeping kids well-clothed for next to nothing
- Calculating how much life insurance you need
- Is your frugal lifestyle depriving your children?
- Inexpensive gifts for the graduate