Converting Slow Cooker Recipes
courtesy of Chet's Crock
Oven To Slow Cooker Conversions
For most slow cookers, the low setting is about 200 degrees F. and the high setting is about 300 degrees F.
One hour on high is equal to 2 to 2 1/2 hours on low.
Here are the conversions for regular ovens to slow cookers:
- 15 to 30 minutes oven = 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours on high in slow cooker or 4-6 hours on low.
- 35 to 45 minutes oven = 3 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- 60 minutes to 3 hours oven = 4-5 hours on high or 8-18 hours on low.
Most uncooked meat and vegetable combinations require at least 8 hours on low.
Fabulous slow cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor. Just Click Here and tell us what's on your mind.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- What you should (and shouldn't) buy in December
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 10 things to make travel easier
- Two homemaking routines to keep your home running smoothly
- Ways to be a better father in trying times
- Frugal holiday baking and recipes
- Teaching kids about DIY projects
- Redefining work: Financial difficulties do not have to mean mom gets a job
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator