Crockpot Spanish Rice
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 c water
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 c brown rice
- 2 TBS chunky salsa
Combine all ingredients in crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 10 hours.
contributed to Chet's Crock by Catherine
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Take the Next Step
- Slow Cooker recipes for those days when you will be away from your kitchen.
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- The 11 best bargains at the checkout counter in May
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Keeping kids well-clothed for next to nothing
- Calculating how much life insurance you need
- Is your frugal lifestyle depriving your children?
- Inexpensive gifts for the graduate