Rough Running Accord
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have an '88 Honda Accord that idles very high when cold (around 2500-3000 RPM). After the engine warms up the idle reduces to a normal speed. But the acceleration is very poor, especially in higher gears. What could cause this?
When was the last time this car had a tune up? It sounds like it may be in desperate need of one.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 15 mistakes to avoid when selling your home
- 9 ways to buy furniture for less
- Need a bigger home? How to maximize the space you already have
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?