Cheap Dent Repair
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Auto Repairs for Less
Selecting an Auto Repair Shop
I have dents on my car on every corner. I have been approached by people when I'm driving on the road with offers to fix it for a couple hundred bucks. Is this a scam or a good deal?
Generally it is a scam. They do bad pull jobs and fill it with body putty. It may look good when they are done, but it is guaranteed to not last very long. If you are keeping the car and want to get it fixed, then either learn to make the repairs yourself or send it to a body shop.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive maintenance section and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. Compare them now to find the best one for you.
- Make sure you are not overpaying for auto insurance. See how much you could save with just a few clicks. Fast, free quotes and online comparisons.
- Get all the facts before you buy or sell a vehicle. Edmunds.com will give you what you need to know to make a confident deal.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- Preparing your home for sale
- How to seal your basement from outside moisture
- 4 ways to extend the life of your car
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?