Two Forks, Two Knives, One Plate
by Michael Webb
Have you ever watched Lady and the Tramp? If I ask you what is the first thing that comes to mind, you probably would say the scene where they are sharing a plate of spaghetti.
There is no doubt about it, food is romantic. It amplifies the senses and fulfills one of our deepest needs. There are certain types of food that are romantic by nature: chocolate, strawberries and small pastries for example. Then there are foods that are romantic because of the atmosphere: surrounded by candles, elegant music playing in the background, or served on a linen covered table with a vase of fresh flowers.
Who would have thought that a plate of spaghetti could be so romantic? But Lady and the Tramp showed us that sharing one plate is a perfect way to be united with one another. Have you ever eaten off the same plate as your love? How often do you feed each other? When was the last time you shared a strand of spaghetti or a baby corn and ended in a kiss?
Everyone has to eat. But not everyone has to have his or her own plate.
Michael Webb is the best-selling author of The RoMANtics Guide: Hundreds of Creative Tips for a Lifetime of Love . You can order at Amazon.com or for more of Michael's FREE tips, visit www.TheRomantic.com
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in September
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- Bad with money? Teach your kids to get it right
Rehab your poor financial habits before tackling the bad behavior of your kids.
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Get your kids involved with their school lunches
- 6 ways work-at-home moms can find temporary childcare
- Ask The Dollar Stretcher: Simple recipes for picky eaters? Video
- Financial tips for your college-bound student
- The perks of part-time work
- Make a game room for your family on a dime
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator