Make It A Priority
by Greg Landry, M.S.
Exercise on the Cheap
Can't Afford the Gym?
If you're like most people, finding time for exercise is difficult. Here are my "top 9" tips to help you in that quest:
- Make exercise a priority. We all make time in our lives for the things that are most important to us. If I told you I'd give you a million dollars if you exercised everyday for the next 30 days, would you do it? Sure you would, because it would suddenly become a priority. If you're serious about finding time for exercise, then it must be a priority in your life.
- Block out the same time period everyday for exercise. This way it becomes part of your daily routine just like brushing your teeth. Vehemently guard this time period. It is your time to take care of yourself.
- Exercise first thing in the morning. This is when your exercise time is least likely to get interrupted by other things.
- Turn off the television. The average adult spends 16 hours per week watching television. One of my clients told me that she resolved to only watch television while she was exercising. You may not be interested in taking it that far but you can certainly cut out a few hours of television a week to make time for exercise.
- Wake up earlier in the morning to exercise.
- Spend 30 minutes or so exercising on your lunch break.
- Get a book rack for your stair climber or treadmill and spend some of your reading time exercising.
- Visit with your spouse or friend while walking around the neighborhood rather than sitting on the couch.
- Take a couple of days to write down how you spend your time every day, then determine how you can better use your time to fit in exercise.
Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry, M.S., publishes a FREE email newsletter, "Fitness, Health, & Weight Loss". To start your free subscription, send any email message, mailto:Fitnessfirstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.Landry.com. For more information on weight training, email Top18@Landry.com
Trending on TDS
- The emotions behind buying stuff
- Get a blackbelt in smart seasonal shopping
- Budget friendly ways to look younger
- A great budget wardrobe
- 10 ways to eat organic on the cheap
- 10 inside tips to scoring big when retail shopping
- On sale in July: Food, summer party supplies
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 5 reasons to skip an all-inclusive vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- Gain more by spending less