Make It A Priority
by Greg Landry, M.S.
Exercise on the Cheap
Can't Afford the Gym?
If you're like most people, finding time for exercise is difficult. Here are my "top 9" tips to help you in that quest:
- Make exercise a priority. We all make time in our lives for the things that are most important to us. If I told you I'd give you a million dollars if you exercised everyday for the next 30 days, would you do it? Sure you would, because it would suddenly become a priority. If you're serious about finding time for exercise, then it must be a priority in your life.
- Block out the same time period everyday for exercise. This way it becomes part of your daily routine just like brushing your teeth. Vehemently guard this time period. It is your time to take care of yourself.
- Exercise first thing in the morning. This is when your exercise time is least likely to get interrupted by other things.
- Turn off the television. The average adult spends 16 hours per week watching television. One of my clients told me that she resolved to only watch television while she was exercising. You may not be interested in taking it that far but you can certainly cut out a few hours of television a week to make time for exercise.
- Wake up earlier in the morning to exercise.
- Spend 30 minutes or so exercising on your lunch break.
- Get a book rack for your stair climber or treadmill and spend some of your reading time exercising.
- Visit with your spouse or friend while walking around the neighborhood rather than sitting on the couch.
- Take a couple of days to write down how you spend your time every day, then determine how you can better use your time to fit in exercise.
Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry, M.S., publishes a FREE email newsletter, "Fitness, Health, & Weight Loss". To start your free subscription, send any email message, mailto:Fitnessfirstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.Landry.com. For more information on weight training, email Top18@Landry.com
Trending on TDS
- How does shopping make you feel?
- Become a blackbelt in smart seasonal shopping
- Furnishing your first apartment
- 10 ways to eat organic on the cheap
- Make your own salves and balms
- How to have a great budget wardrobe
- Pricing garage sale items to sell
- 9 social media no-nos that can get you fired
- How to build a wardrobe on any budget
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- A cheat sheet on tipping do's and don'ts
- 6 reasons why it's dumb to buy a smartphone
- How to live a life of luxury without going broke