by Michael Webb
A Gift to Remember
Music to Their Ears
I receive thank you notes all the time from readers of my books and columns. They really make my day.
I send thank you notes all the time. To reporters, producers, editors, subscribers, friends and family.
I don't send my wife Athena thank you notes nearly enough and she is the one for whom I am most thankful.
I should thank her more often for picking up after me. For bringing me drinks and snacks when I am slaving away on the computer for long hours. For gently scratching my back as I fall asleep. For doing the laundry and never complaining about it. For never nagging me but always gently reminding me. For always knowing where I left my hat and keys. For looking so darn cute. For cleaning the bathrooms. Time to go write a thank you note.
Michael Webb is the best-selling author of The RoMANtic's Guide: Hundreds of Creative Tips for a Lifetime of Love. You can order at Amazon.com or for 1000s more of Michael's FREE tips, visit www.TheRomantic.com
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What's on sale in October
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- Bad with money? Teach your kids to get it right
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Readers share their Halloween costumes Slideshow
- Improve your marriage without expensive counseling
- 10 affordable father-daughter dates
- 10 ways to reduce college costs for your kids
- Top 5 tips for packing a healthier lunchbox
- Money-saving ideas for working moms
- 5 teen bedroom decorating tips
- Pursuing your dream of staying home with your children
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator