My Story: Weight Loss
How I Lost 80 Pounds
Drinking Water in All Seasons
Finding a Diet Plan That Works
I have learned that there is sometimes an underlying problem with overeating. I found out that my life had become all work and stress-no nurturing of myself and my interests. As a result, I used eating as "gratification" instead of doing the things I used to do: art, crafts, etc. I used eating to comfort myself before I was able to face problems or even acknowledge them. I used food for many things other than nourishing my body.
By the way, I think weight can be a "money" issue because when you overeat you spend that much more on food and when you are overweight you may lower productivity and raise health-related costs. Since I have been examining why I eat when not hungry and taking positive, gradual action, I have halted my gradual weight gain and I am losing weight very slowly. Last week, I discovered that I can take off my wedding ring which I haven't been able to do for years. Having an exercise program is good, taking any action is good but I think addressing the underlying cause of overeating is a very important part of weight loss.
Two books that really helped me are "Overcoming Overeating" and "Ten Habits of Naturally Slim People". They address the psychological aspect of overeating. "It's not what you're eating, it's what's eating you."
I would like to add one more thing: when you stop the emotional eating, you need to replace it with something else to nurture yourself.
"My Story" is a regular feature of The Dollar Stretcher. If you have a story that could help save time or money please send it to MyStory@stretcher.com
Discuss "Weight Watchers?" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Trending on TDS
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- How to start a pet-sitting business
- How to sell your stuff on consignment Slideshow
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Grandma's secrets to super skin
- 8 fitness apps to aid your New Year's resolution
- 5 ways to look good for less
- 7 ways to haggle for the best bargain
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 6 ways to significantly boost your income