Escort Starting Problems
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My '95 Ford Escort is an automatic. The little 4 cylinder. When I turn the key to start it clicks once. The battery and connections are good. The battery shows full charge until I turn the key, then the battery shows dead.
Any suggestions for this problem,
I would check the battery cables. It sounds like you may have a badly corroded ground.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.