Escort Starting Problems
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My '95 Ford Escort is an automatic. The little 4 cylinder. When I turn the key to start it clicks once. The battery and connections are good. The battery shows full charge until I turn the key, then the battery shows dead.
Any suggestions for this problem,
I would check the battery cables. It sounds like you may have a badly corroded ground.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?