Escort Starting Problems
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My '95 Ford Escort is an automatic. The little 4 cylinder. When I turn the key to start it clicks once. The battery and connections are good. The battery shows full charge until I turn the key, then the battery shows dead.
Any suggestions for this problem,
I would check the battery cables. It sounds like you may have a badly corroded ground.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- How to decorate a backyard gazebo
- How to clean vinyl siding
- Spring cleaning your kitchen
- Using seconds on building projects
- Saving on pool expenses
- 4 critical, but often overlooked home maintenance items
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?