by Ruby J. Wallace
How to Waste Money
Before You Buy, Think Different
Mind Over Money
It is amazing how we fail to recognize some warning signs in regards to our thinking and spending habits when we get into financial trouble:
- Your minimum monthly payments for your credit cards combined is more than your rent.
- You look to casinos as your retirement plan.
- Your library fines are more than the original cost of the book you borrowed.
- You pay your Visa with your Discover card.
- You have all the latest technology equipment, but no electricity.
- You buy a $30k car but then have to worry about gas.
- You have refinanced 3 times and still owe 30 years on your house.
- You get upset when you are assessed a late fee after you fail to pay your bill on time.
- You pay more in finance charges than you give to God's work.
- You buy more food before you eat all the food you bought two weeks earlier.
- During peak electrical usage times in your community, the electric company calls you personally and asks if you could cut back some.
Excerpt from Being Smart About Credit and Debt. A common sense approach of understanding credit and debt that will increase your net worth. A detailed look into the power of saving that will create a payday for you everyday. © Ruby J. Wallace.
Trending on TDS
- How are relationships affected by money?
- The emotions behind shopping
- Avoiding your parents' debts
- Selling your gold without getting ripped off
- Tips for radical cost cutting
- Video: What are contra-economics?
- Responding to frugal envy
- How to have more money than a lottery winner
- What it takes to borrow against home equity these days
- Financial infidelity: Are you a cheater?
- A cheat sheet on tipping do's and don'ts
- How TV affects your credit card spending
- How to create a budget that works for you
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal