by Ruby J. Wallace
How to Waste Money
Before You Buy, Think Different
Mind Over Money
It is amazing how we fail to recognize some warning signs in regards to our thinking and spending habits when we get into financial trouble:
- Your minimum monthly payments for your credit cards combined is more than your rent.
- You look to casinos as your retirement plan.
- Your library fines are more than the original cost of the book you borrowed.
- You pay your Visa with your Discover card.
- You have all the latest technology equipment, but no electricity.
- You buy a $30k car but then have to worry about gas.
- You have refinanced 3 times and still owe 30 years on your house.
- You get upset when you are assessed a late fee after you fail to pay your bill on time.
- You pay more in finance charges than you give to God's work.
- You buy more food before you eat all the food you bought two weeks earlier.
- During peak electrical usage times in your community, the electric company calls you personally and asks if you could cut back some.
Excerpt from Being Smart About Credit and Debt. A common sense approach of understanding credit and debt that will increase your net worth. A detailed look into the power of saving that will create a payday for you everyday. © Ruby J. Wallace.
Trending on TDS
- Could social media be causing you to overspend?
- Save or pay down hospital bill? Video
- Frugal doesn't always mean getting the cheapest
- A financial safety net for single moms
- Why saving money doesn't have to be a drag any more
- How investing style changes over your lifetime
- 5 poor ways to save (and how to do better)
- What to do if your credit card rate goes up
- 3 steps to rebuilding an emergency fund
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- Reduce your debt with this free debt course by The Dollar Stretcher
- Reduce your debt payoff time
- Find a better credit card rate
- Get better savings & MMA rates