Ask Bob: Easy Flat Fix?
by Bob DeP.
I have tires with 27,000 miles on them. One has a slow leak. Thought I'd had it fixed but, it's doing the same thing again. Is it true that a can of that flat tire remedy spray will clog a leak? A friend told me this.
For a slow leak while you shop for replacements, a can of "fix-a-flat" should do the job. However, usually, the use of this product will result in the tire being "out of balance" and may cause some vibration. Also, make sure you get the non-flammable kind. Some brands use a flammable propellant which can cause harm to the technician that replaces the tire.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 10 ways to cut the cost of cleaning
- Natural homemade laundry soap
- How to buy a Christmas tree
- Preparing for a snow storm
- How to reduce heating bills
- Corian countertop repair
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?