Ask Bob: Easy Flat Fix?
by Bob DeP.
I have tires with 27,000 miles on them. One has a slow leak. Thought I'd had it fixed but, it's doing the same thing again. Is it true that a can of that flat tire remedy spray will clog a leak? A friend told me this.
For a slow leak while you shop for replacements, a can of "fix-a-flat" should do the job. However, usually, the use of this product will result in the tire being "out of balance" and may cause some vibration. Also, make sure you get the non-flammable kind. Some brands use a flammable propellant which can cause harm to the technician that replaces the tire.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Tax consequences for selling your home in your 50's and 60's
- Should you refinance your home?
- How to repair ripped window and door screens
- What makes my electric bill so high?
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- How to remove urine stains from a hardwood floor
- Finding furniture for smaller spaces
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?