Ask Bob: Easy Flat Fix?
by Bob DeP.
I have tires with 27,000 miles on them. One has a slow leak. Thought I'd had it fixed but, it's doing the same thing again. Is it true that a can of that flat tire remedy spray will clog a leak? A friend told me this.
For a slow leak while you shop for replacements, a can of "fix-a-flat" should do the job. However, usually, the use of this product will result in the tire being "out of balance" and may cause some vibration. Also, make sure you get the non-flammable kind. Some brands use a flammable propellant which can cause harm to the technician that replaces the tire.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Don't let a reverse mortgage leave you homeless Expert Interview
- How to create an outdoor room on a budget
- Cheap home security Slideshow
- Renew your kitchen cabinets for $100
- Buying a kitchen stove
- Killing crabgrass
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?