Ask Bob: Easy Flat Fix?
by Bob DeP.
I have tires with 27,000 miles on them. One has a slow leak. Thought I'd had it fixed but, it's doing the same thing again. Is it true that a can of that flat tire remedy spray will clog a leak? A friend told me this.
For a slow leak while you shop for replacements, a can of "fix-a-flat" should do the job. However, usually, the use of this product will result in the tire being "out of balance" and may cause some vibration. Also, make sure you get the non-flammable kind. Some brands use a flammable propellant which can cause harm to the technician that replaces the tire.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?