Big & Tall Clothing
Plus Sized Boys Clothing
Hard to Fit Women's Clothing
Looking for Cheap Big and Tall Clothing
My husband and I are trying to make it on one income and I have found that one definite problem is clothing expense. I can find some clothes for myself at thrift shops, and can purchase clothes at Wal-Mart, Kmart, and the like, but for my husband, who is 6''6 and 350 pounds, it is very hard.
Nothing at any of the "discount" shops ever fits him, and I have yet to find anything but shoes that fit him at consignment or thrift shops. Last week, when his last pair of pants gave out, we spent $60 on a pair of jeans for him. $60! A t-shirt easily runs $18.
I was wondering if any of your readers are in this same position? Where do you go to get more reasonable "big/tall" clothes?
Thanks for any help.
Another Web Site to Check Out
There is a website for a mail-order big and tall store. Their jeans are about $35 a pair and $60 for two pairs, and their T-shirts range from $12.99 and up. There is a "clearance " page on their website, too. Here is the address: kingsizedirect.com.
Big Sizes at JC Penney's
I have to buy tall size clothes for my 6'5" husband. I have found that the JC Penney Big & Tall catalog has some reasonable prices. I save my catalog and throughout the year I receive postcards from JC Penney on special discounts.
Cheap Big and Tall Clothing on eBay
The best place to get good deals on big men's clothing is eBay. I sell those items so I keep a fairly close watch on those categories. Not everything goes cheap but there are bargains to be found.
Deals Found at Kmart
Wow, my hubby is the exact same size. Not only does he require a 4XL shirt, it also must be a tall. We have found that the Kmart stores have shirts in that size and the Route 66 jeans they offer for $21.99 fit perfectly. They look much like Levi's. Also if you can find a Super Kmart they have a vast selection of big men's shirts, coats, etc.
For all your shopping, don't forget to use the ebates cash back site and receive cash back on your purchases.
Burlington Coat Factory a Good Source for Cheap Big and Tall Clothing
A good store for big and tall men I have found is Burlington Coat Factory. They also carry underwear, sleepwear and even a good selection of shoes for all sizes. They also have a 30-day layaway plan, which is a good way to purchase big-ticket items such as coats.
Take the Next Step
- Get more great time and money saving ideas in your inbox. Subscribe to Dollar Stretcher Tips newsletter, a twice weekly look at how to stretch your day and your dollar!
- Visit our Pinterest board for great Smart Frugal Shopping tools and suggestions.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor
Trending on TDS
- On sale in August: From tools to back-to-school
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 5 reasons to skip an all-inclusive vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- Gain more by spending less
- Affordable wardrobe accessories for the workplace Expert Interview
- Get well gift basket ideas
- Affordable romance when times are tough
- Finding great bargains at thrift stores and yard sales
- Great ways to give gifts
- 5 steps to negotiating a better and smarter deal