by Debra Vaughn
In "Healthy Foods" written by Leanne Ely, C.N.C. you will, no doubt, find a ton of very nutritious meals for your family with a little humor on the side. A few of the quick and easy recipes include; Manic Meatloaf, Shepherd's Pie, Chicken Fingers, and my personal favorite, Mama's PMS Cake.
I tested 20 recipes from this book. They both tempted and satisfied the taste buds of my family. My young children loved the meals, but had no idea that these meals were healthy for them, and I sure wasn't going to tell them! The tastes of the recipes in this book masked the nutritional benefits so well that even my husband ate the food then complimented me on how much my cooking had been improved since we got married 5 years ago!
There is one draw-back however, a few of the "healthy" ingredients that are called for in this book cannot be found at your local grocery store. For many of them, you may have to venture into the land of a health food store, a place my family tends to avoid like the plague. Most of the time, but not all, foods purchased in health food stores tend to be on the expensive side, depending on where you live. My advice to make these items a little more affordable is to visit the bulk bins and get only what you need.
If you are looking for healthy meal alternatives, that you family will never guess are actually good for them as they chow down, this book is for you. Not only is this a cookbook, it is a guide to nutrition that is written in English for those of us whose eyes glaze over with all of the "newest statistics and research results." Easily understood, entertaining, and delicious recipes make this book a must for all of you that are looking for a healthy alternative to the fast food craze these days. Enjoy!
Debra Vaughn publishes owns and operates FamilyBudgeteer.com. Saving your family time, money and a little bit of sanity! Subscribe to our FREE money saving newsletter today by emailing: Familybudgeteerfirstname.lastname@example.org
Also in Home
- How to clean and restore cast-iron cookware
- Homemade fireplace logs
- Frugal ways to winterize your home
- Is it cost-effective to make your own laundry detergent?
- Recipes for homemade fabric fresheners
- Inexpensive reupholstery
- Make your own cleaners
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?