Heating a Previa Van
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a '92 Previa Van. For some time now whenever you switch from inside air to outside air (AC to Heating) , it wouldn't open/close all the way and then the fan would not blow air. If you switched it back and forth then it often would then start to give good air flow. Now it will not blow air with any force behind it. I can feel the cold air coming out if AC is on or heat if heater is on, however will not really blow.
I have a sense that there is some kind of vacuum lock or something that won't release and then allow the fan to blow the air. Got any ideas? Will it cost me an arm and a leg to repair it? I already gave one each last time I took it in to a dealer. My son is a good mechanic of sorts and could do the job if it wasn't too involved.
Usually the vents are controlled by vacuum diverter valves. I would guess that one of these has failed. I hope your son is a contortionist, because they are all located up behind the dash board and are usually back breakers to get at.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Safe and natural hardwood floor cleaner
- Sectional sofas in small spaces
- Cleaning tile floors
- Could a home security system be right for you?
- Make your own Christmas topiaries
- Natural home clean up
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?