101 Car Games
by Kathleen Bieke
Road Tote for Kids
Hassle-Free Road Trips with Kids
That cumbersome symbol of the American family, the minivan now has its own website www.momsminivan.com. Only in America, I say. I'm not making fun of them. I have one. What I like is that this site is not discriminatory; it is an equal opportunity kid appeaser. (If there is such a word.) This is the time of year when you get to find out just how roomy those vans are or aren't as the case may be. If you don't have a van, television for the car or are just plain nervous about traveling 1,000 miles with children, you need this site!
The web host has done a great job compiling travel games by age. Babies can definitely travel by car. They are too young to say, "He's touching me!" If your kids are older and less tolerant many more ideas are here too. We personally have used the tinfoil modeling idea. It is great! A generic roll of tinfoil is cheap and the kids had a blast.
Normally I don't like when a site has links to various sites that sell a product. Not so with this site. Laurel, the web host, seems to be a frugal gal as she featured links to those sites that help save money. (Many people don't know that when you find a site you like you need to help keep that site free to the user by clicking on their links and buying through them.) This site is a must see because even just traveling across town can be a hair raising "adventure" and I use that term loosely. Until next time.
Copyright 2001 Kathleen Bieke. All Rights Reserved.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them.
Trending on TDS
- Kids activities for Thanksgiving gatherings
- 5 ways to reduce the cost of kids' clothing
- A puppy for Christmas
- Extra income for single moms
- Instead of toys for Christmas
- 10 steps to zap holiday stress
- Gift ideas for teenage boys
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- November deals at the supermarket and beyond
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- How to start writing your will
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator