Plummeting Gas Mileage
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Does a 1995 Ford Taurus have a replaceable fuel filter? My mileage has dropped by 1/2 and I have replaced the air filter but I am not sure if this car has replaceable fuel filter.
It should. I dont think I have ever seen a car that didn't have a fuel filter. It is usually located under the car somewhere near the rear. Also, it may be your oxygen sensor has failed. While you are at it, might as well throw a new set of plugs in for safe measure. If one plug looks a lot worse than the others, have the wires checked as well.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 7 ways to save on carpet cleaning
- DIY pool maintenance
- How to use the home loan comparison calculator
- Saving money with home maintenance Video
- Easy oven cleaning without harsh chemicals
- Get rid of roaches safely
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?