Plummeting Gas Mileage
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Does a 1995 Ford Taurus have a replaceable fuel filter? My mileage has dropped by 1/2 and I have replaced the air filter but I am not sure if this car has replaceable fuel filter.
It should. I dont think I have ever seen a car that didn't have a fuel filter. It is usually located under the car somewhere near the rear. Also, it may be your oxygen sensor has failed. While you are at it, might as well throw a new set of plugs in for safe measure. If one plug looks a lot worse than the others, have the wires checked as well.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?