Plummeting Gas Mileage
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Does a 1995 Ford Taurus have a replaceable fuel filter? My mileage has dropped by 1/2 and I have replaced the air filter but I am not sure if this car has replaceable fuel filter.
It should. I dont think I have ever seen a car that didn't have a fuel filter. It is usually located under the car somewhere near the rear. Also, it may be your oxygen sensor has failed. While you are at it, might as well throw a new set of plugs in for safe measure. If one plug looks a lot worse than the others, have the wires checked as well.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?