Healthy Homemade Chicken Coating!
by Kaylin White
My Story: The "3-Chicken" System
Grilled Chicken Marinades
The time-saving products available at the grocery store are so wonderful for today's busy families! Some days, my family just would not get fed a meal that resembled anything nutritious if it weren't for convenience foods. One product that can save you time, and insure your family a low-fat, tasty main dish, is the variety of meat coating mixes available. They are great- you dump them in a zip baggie with your meat, shake them, place them on a baking sheet, and toss them in your oven. Red's Chicken Coating Mix is just this kind of mix, but you can make it ahead on a day when you have a few minutes, and then use it on those hectic days when you need to simplify your dinner preparation. I like to make several, and have found that they are also tasty coatings for other meats, such as pork chops and cube steaks.
Red's Chicken Coating Mix
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme, dried
Combine all ingredients together in a one gallon zip baggie; shake to mix well. Label and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Shake well before use.
To prepare chicken, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare baking sheet with 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil; set aside.
Wash and drain up to 8 chicken breasts OR chicken thigh/leg sections. In a medium bowl, beat 3 eggs with 2 Tbsp. cold water; set aside. Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, in egg wash, then place into zip baggie with seasoning, seal, and shake to coat chicken piece. Place coated chicken parts onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you can receive more free spice, soup & dry rub recipes by sending a blank email to: email@example.com or for free daily email recipes, visit www.realfood4realpeople.com or subscribe by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org copyright 2001, Kaylin White/Real Food for Real People All Rights Reserved.
Trending on TDS
- An affordable wardrobe for a nursing mom
- Cutting the cost of corrective lenses down to size
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Dental plans: A bright smile for less
- Happy Birthdays on a budget
- 200+ ideas for summertime fun
- Easy to make musical instruments for kids
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in July
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator