Healthy Homemade Chicken Coating!
by Kaylin White
My Story: The "3-Chicken" System
Grilled Chicken Marinades
The time-saving products available at the grocery store are so wonderful for today's busy families! Some days, my family just would not get fed a meal that resembled anything nutritious if it weren't for convenience foods. One product that can save you time, and insure your family a low-fat, tasty main dish, is the variety of meat coating mixes available. They are great- you dump them in a zip baggie with your meat, shake them, place them on a baking sheet, and toss them in your oven. Red's Chicken Coating Mix is just this kind of mix, but you can make it ahead on a day when you have a few minutes, and then use it on those hectic days when you need to simplify your dinner preparation. I like to make several, and have found that they are also tasty coatings for other meats, such as pork chops and cube steaks.
Red's Chicken Coating Mix
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme, dried
Combine all ingredients together in a one gallon zip baggie; shake to mix well. Label and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Shake well before use.
To prepare chicken, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare baking sheet with 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil; set aside.
Buy groceries, earn cash back at Checkout 51
Wash and drain up to 8 chicken breasts OR chicken thigh/leg sections. In a medium bowl, beat 3 eggs with 2 Tbsp. cold water; set aside. Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, in egg wash, then place into zip baggie with seasoning, seal, and shake to coat chicken piece. Place coated chicken parts onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you can receive more free spice, soup & dry rub recipes by sending a blank email to: email@example.com or for free daily email recipes, visit www.realfood4realpeople.com or subscribe by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org copyright 2001, Kaylin White/Real Food for Real People All Rights Reserved.
Take the Next Step
- It's tough raising kids today! You need every time and money saving idea you can find. That's why you'll want to get our free weekly Dollar Stretcher for Parents newsletter. You'll find great ideas designed just for parents that will help your family 'live better...for less'! Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE.
- Visit our "Smart Couponing and Grocery Budgeting" & "Recipes to Fit Any Budget" boards today!
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- Best September bargains for thrifty shoppers
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Selling kids clothes hassle free online
- Keeping kids' extra-curricular costs down with creative financing
- 5 financial tips for large families
- Raising a self-sufficient teen
- This week's Readers' Tips