Slow Cooker Mock Lasagna
The Benefits of Slow Cooker Cooking
Slow-Cook Once for Multiple Healthy Meals
Courtesy of Cindy in Ohio
- 1-10 oz pkg lasagna broken into bite-size pieces
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb Italian Sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 oz Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 12-oz carton cottage cheese
- 2 6-oz cans tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tbs dried parsley
- 1 tsp basil
Cook noodles according to package directions until tender; drain. Brown ground beef and sausage; drain. Put in lightly greased Crock-Pot. Add all remaining ingredients. Stir to mix thoroughly. cover, cook on low 7 to 9 hours (high: 3 to 5 hours). Makes 6 servings.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Also In This Week's Issue
- Money skills key to child's future
- 6 steps to a successful money talk with your spouse
- 5 creative ways to wrap gift cards
- Thrifty stocking stuffers
- Should your kid take a part-time job?
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- Healthy family breakfasts
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free parenting tips in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Dollar Stretcher for Parents.