Eliminating Shave Cream
by California Joe
Oats for Beauty
My Story: Homemade Masks and Scrubs
Grandma's Secrets for Super Skin
After years of shaving, I finally have found a way to keep shaving costs to a minimum. As a male, I shave daily. I didn't want to spend bucks continually buying cans of shaving cream and polluting landfill with aerosol cans every time I finished one.
I had read where people had shaved using only soap, but whenever I tried it, my face felt terribly bruised.
I had heard where hair conditioner would be a good lather, but getting it on my face from a hair conditioner bottle posed a minor challenge: too much or too little.
I had tried the electric shaver, which worked fine but later in the afternoon I felt like I had gained too much of a shadow.
So here's my every morning solution:
- First, I use the electric shaver. This takes off most of the immediately visible daily growth.
- I then wet my face with warm water.
- Then I apply soap. I use a bar of soap, and actually apply the soap bar against my face. I found that soaping up my hands and trying to get soap from hands to face did not apply enough soap to make a real substantive lather.
- Then I apply a thin layer of hair conditioner on top of the soap already on my face. I use a pump bottle (formerly from hand creme) which I fill with conditioner. So only one press of the pump is all I need.
- Then I use my safety razor, and enjoy a guilt free and money saving shave.
- Cheap hand soap.
- Cheap buy in bulk hair conditioner. Lasts a long time.
- Safety razor lasts a lot longer, as the growth that the electric razor removes is what is the major wear and tear on the safety razor's blade.
"My Story" is a regular feature of The Dollar Stretcher. If you have a story that could help save time or money please send it to MyStory@stretcher.com
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Prices keep rising while my income remains stagnant and I worry I am heading for debt trouble. Tell us: Yes, I think I am heading for debt trouble and could use some help! or No, I am not in debt trouble but I am always looking for new ways to help keep my budget on track!