Garage Door Remotes
I've just purchased a replacement garage door remote from Sears. Can I program it to open both of my garage doors?
BM from Pensacola, FL
It depends whether or not the remote you purchased has that feature! Some remotes do allow you to open two doors, but the remote would have two buttons dedicated to garage door opener frequencies. Others have multiple buttons but they will only operate other features of Sears openers, such as turning on lights.
If you didn't get instructions or lost them, AAARemotes.com has instructions for many currently available openers, as well as compatible remotes for virtually every garage door opener. Their url is www.aaaremotes.com.
Have a small home repair question for THE NATURAL HANDYMAN? Just click here www.naturalhandyman.com/aitikia
For more home repair information, visit NH's growing list of original home repair articles and quality links www.naturalhandyman.com
If this information has been valuable to you, please consider making a small donation to support NH's free service to the home repair community! For more information, please visit our "Friends" page www.naturalhandyman.com/friends
The Natural Handyman Site Directory
- Home Repair Articles www.naturalhandyman.com/iip
- Home Repair Links Library www.naturalhandyman.com/linkslibrary
- NH's Bookshop www.naturalhandyman.com/bookshop
- Find a handyman at www.naturalhandyman.com/network
- Win unique home repair gifts and prizes at www.naturalhandyman.com/contest
Please read the important copyright and disclaimer information is located at www.naturalhandyman.com/copyright
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Will my insurance spike if I rent out my basement?
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- 5 tips to sell a home before buying another
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?