Festive Party Punches
by Brenda Hyde
Holiday Treats Made Simple
Easy Does It Christmas Food
A Tasty Holiday Tradition
There is something festive about a bowl of punch served in dainty glasses from an old fashioned punch bowl. Whether you are visiting with family on Christmas Eve, throwing a traditional New Year's Eve bash or gathering for a special birthday, try one of these festive punch recipes!
Old Fashioned Fruit Punch
This is from the Rumford Complete Cook Book
- 2 pounds sugar
- 2 quarts water
- 2 quarts mineral water
- 1 large pineapple, shredded
- Juice of 6 oranges and 4 lemons
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 sliced bananas
- 1 cup raspberry or other fruit syrup
- Cracked ice
Boil the sugar with one pint of the water to form a syrup; add the remaining water, mineral water, fruit and ice. Served very cold.
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 small package strawberry gelatin
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen, sugared strawberries
- 1 can frozen lemonade
- 1 liter gingerale
- 1/4 cup sugar
Mix gelatin and water, add thawed strawberries, lemonade and sugar. Before serving add the gingerale.
Banana Fruit Punch
- 5 Bananas
- 46 ounce can pineapple juice
- 12 ounce can frozen orange juice
- 4 tablespoons Real Lemon concentrate
- 4 cups sugar
- 6 cups water
- 2 liter bottle of lemon lime soda
Process bananas in blender until pureed. Mix with other ingredients, except for soda. At this point you can freeze the punch in a container, and break up in a punch bowl one hour before serving, adding the lemon lime soda at this time.
Citrus Punch with Sherbet
- 1 large can pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 large can grapefruit juice, chilled
- 2 liter bottle lemon lime soda
- Lime or lemon and orange sherbet
- Mix beverages together and place small scoops of sherbet on top. This makes 1 punch bowl.
Tropical Kiwi Punch
- 12 ounce can Pina Colada Mix
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
- Vanilla ice cream
- 2 12 ounce cans cold gingerale
In a blender combine the Pina Colada Mix, kiwi and banana. Mix until smooth. Freeze the mixture for one hour. Pour 1/4 cup of this mixture into 8 glasses, dividing evenly. Top each with a scoop of ice cream. Add the chilled gingerale to each glass to fill. Top with a slice of kiwi if desired. Serve immediately.
Brenda is a wife and mom to three. She is also editor of SeedsOfKnowledge.com and OldFashionedHolidays.com where special occasions and traditions are celebrated year round with recipes, crafts, decorating and more!
Take the Next Step:
- Get a copy of Rumford Complete Cook Book for yourself.
Discuss "Best Punch Recipes" in The Dollar Stretcher Community
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- What's on sale in November
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Kids' activities for Thanksgiving gatherings
- 5 ways to reduce the cost of kids' clothing
- What's the best way to bring a puppy into your family?
- 13 things to teach your children that will make their financial lives easier
- How a single mom can create multiple income streams
- Instead of toys for Christmas
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator