The First Post-It Notes
by Michael Webb
Whether you are in a long distance relationship or a short distance one, communication is vital. One way to communicate is through the mail. And an inexpensive way to do so is with postcards.
Postcards only cost 33 cents to mail in the United States. Some restaurants, bookstores or shops even carry racks with free postcards on them. Most of the postcards are clearly selling something, but hey, they're free.
If you have 8 postcards you can put one letter ( I L O V E Y O U ) on each card and mail them a few days apart. Of course you can write whatever phrase you want and even mix them up before you send them off.
So for less than $3 you can let your sweetheart know just how much they mean to you - one letter at a time.
Michael Webb is the best-selling author of The RoMANtic's Guide: Hundreds of Creative Tips for a Lifetime of Love. You can order at Amazon.com or for 1000s more of Michael's free tips, visit www.TheRomantic.com
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Are there any good generic dog food brands?
- A financial safety net for single moms
- Keeping your kids well-clothed for less
- Fun recipes to keep the kids busy this summer
- Kids' parties: Keeping the expenses down while turning up the fun
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator