The First Post-It Notes
by Michael Webb
Whether you are in a long distance relationship or a short distance one, communication is vital. One way to communicate is through the mail. And an inexpensive way to do so is with postcards.
Postcards only cost 33 cents to mail in the United States. Some restaurants, bookstores or shops even carry racks with free postcards on them. Most of the postcards are clearly selling something, but hey, they're free.
If you have 8 postcards you can put one letter ( I L O V E Y O U ) on each card and mail them a few days apart. Of course you can write whatever phrase you want and even mix them up before you send them off.
So for less than $3 you can let your sweetheart know just how much they mean to you - one letter at a time.
Michael Webb is the best-selling author of The RoMANtic's Guide: Hundreds of Creative Tips for a Lifetime of Love. You can order at Amazon.com or for 1000s more of Michael's free tips, visit www.TheRomantic.com
Trending on TDS
- 5 ways to prevent elderly relatives from throwing away money
- Teaching small children about wants and needs
- Could a home security system be right for you?
- 10 kid-friendly tips for surviving long winter days
- Keeping your toddler warm at night
- Home remedies for colds and flus
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- December bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- A dozen things you should buy in December
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- How to start writing your will
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator