The First Post-It Notes
by Michael Webb
Whether you are in a long distance relationship or a short distance one, communication is vital. One way to communicate is through the mail. And an inexpensive way to do so is with postcards.
Postcards only cost 33 cents to mail in the United States. Some restaurants, bookstores or shops even carry racks with free postcards on them. Most of the postcards are clearly selling something, but hey, they're free.
If you have 8 postcards you can put one letter ( I L O V E Y O U ) on each card and mail them a few days apart. Of course you can write whatever phrase you want and even mix them up before you send them off.
So for less than $3 you can let your sweetheart know just how much they mean to you - one letter at a time.
Michael Webb is the best-selling author of The RoMANtic's Guide: Hundreds of Creative Tips for a Lifetime of Love. You can order at Amazon.com or for 1000s more of Michael's free tips, visit www.TheRomantic.com
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Where to find the best deals in February
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- $10 for peace of mind for your family
- How not to fight about money
- When you just don't have money to feed your family
- What every stay-at-home mom should know about her financial future
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator