by Bob DeP. AskBob@stretcher.com
I have a Honda accord and the last few days my heater hasn't been working. When the car sits, the temperature gauge is at normal and I get heat like normal, but once I start driving my car the temp. gauge drops to below C and loses the heat and doesn't get warm again until I let the car sit. Do you think this is the thermostat that is having problems?
It would sound like the thermostat is stuck in the open position not allowing the car to build up heat.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 10 ways to cut the cost of cleaning
- Natural homemade laundry soap
- How to buy a Christmas tree
- Preparing for a snow storm
- How to reduce heating bills
- Corian countertop repair
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?