by Bob DeP. AskBob@stretcher.com
I have a Honda accord and the last few days my heater hasn't been working. When the car sits, the temperature gauge is at normal and I get heat like normal, but once I start driving my car the temp. gauge drops to below C and loses the heat and doesn't get warm again until I let the car sit. Do you think this is the thermostat that is having problems?
It would sound like the thermostat is stuck in the open position not allowing the car to build up heat.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How to hire an affordable, reliable housesitter
- Helping your adult children with housing
- 10 ways to cut the cost of cleaning
- Installing bathroom in-floor heat
- Natural homemade laundry soap recipes
- How to reduce heating bills this winter
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?