by Bob DeP. AskBob@stretcher.com
I have a Honda accord and the last few days my heater hasn't been working. When the car sits, the temperature gauge is at normal and I get heat like normal, but once I start driving my car the temp. gauge drops to below C and loses the heat and doesn't get warm again until I let the car sit. Do you think this is the thermostat that is having problems?
It would sound like the thermostat is stuck in the open position not allowing the car to build up heat.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Financial benefits to living in a mobile or manufactured home
- Repurposing an entertainment center
- How to renew your home's doors
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Planning your summer garden
- The natural feeding of roses
- Removing mold from your walls
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 things to do before you buy a home
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?