by Bob DeP. AskBob@stretcher.com
I have a Honda accord and the last few days my heater hasn't been working. When the car sits, the temperature gauge is at normal and I get heat like normal, but once I start driving my car the temp. gauge drops to below C and loses the heat and doesn't get warm again until I let the car sit. Do you think this is the thermostat that is having problems?
It would sound like the thermostat is stuck in the open position not allowing the car to build up heat.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- 5 reasons to consider living in a tiny house
- Homemade cleanser recipes
- Free fireplace logs
- Updating vinyl blinds for less
- When you can't afford housing repairs
- Winterizing your apartment
- Preventing an annual visit from the rooter guy
- Fall care for your fruit trees
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- APR and mortgage rate: What you need to know
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?