Green Chile Grits
- 2 cups regular grits
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. paprika - (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. salt
- 4 to 6 ounces chopped mild green chiles
- 1 or more jalapeno chiles - seeded, chopped fine
- 1 dash cayenne
Combine all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on LOW for 6 to 9 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally. If cooking on high, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup more water if too thick. Similar to polenta, you serve right away or you can refrigerate the mixture in a buttered loaf pan for a few hours or overnight, unmold, slice (1/2-inch) and fry in butter until browned. This recipe yields about 8 servings.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in August
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- 5 ideas for a kid-free mom cave
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Store brands: Extreme savings without the coupons
- An easy money lesson for children
- How much do kids need to know about the family budget?
- 8 ways to save on children's clothing
- Home improvement with kids!
- Let's play with edible clay!
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator