Green Chile Grits
- 2 cups regular grits
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. paprika - (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. salt
- 4 to 6 ounces chopped mild green chiles
- 1 or more jalapeno chiles - seeded, chopped fine
- 1 dash cayenne
Combine all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on LOW for 6 to 9 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally. If cooking on high, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup more water if too thick. Similar to polenta, you serve right away or you can refrigerate the mixture in a buttered loaf pan for a few hours or overnight, unmold, slice (1/2-inch) and fry in butter until browned. This recipe yields about 8 servings.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- The 11 best bargains at the checkout counter in May
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Sharing a house with another family
- Buying the best backpack for your back and your budget
- 5 fun recipes to keep the kids busy this summer
- What's it like selling Avon products?