Green Chile Grits
- 2 cups regular grits
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. paprika - (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. salt
- 4 to 6 ounces chopped mild green chiles
- 1 or more jalapeno chiles - seeded, chopped fine
- 1 dash cayenne
Combine all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on LOW for 6 to 9 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally. If cooking on high, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup more water if too thick. Similar to polenta, you serve right away or you can refrigerate the mixture in a buttered loaf pan for a few hours or overnight, unmold, slice (1/2-inch) and fry in butter until browned. This recipe yields about 8 servings.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Where to find the best deals in February
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- When your teen is ready for their first car
- Save over $2000 in baby's first year
- Get rid of lice for good!
- Ways to avoid the high cost of a divorce
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator