Green Chile Grits
- 2 cups regular grits
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. paprika - (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. salt
- 4 to 6 ounces chopped mild green chiles
- 1 or more jalapeno chiles - seeded, chopped fine
- 1 dash cayenne
Combine all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on LOW for 6 to 9 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally. If cooking on high, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup more water if too thick. Similar to polenta, you serve right away or you can refrigerate the mixture in a buttered loaf pan for a few hours or overnight, unmold, slice (1/2-inch) and fry in butter until browned. This recipe yields about 8 servings.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Sizzling savings: The 10 best deals in July
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- How are relationships faeected by money?
- What's best for baby? Store vs. name brands
- Happy homemaking the homemade way
- This week's Readers' Tips