The Last Laugh
by Marge Jesberger
I decided to sort through the pile,
it seemed like the thing to do,
My coupons were crushed and mildewed
and one had expired in l992.
There were some in shoe boxes and
proofs of purchase on the floor,
my collection was growing,
so I drove to the store.
The aisle was crowded,
my cart weighed a ton,
would you believe that
I considered this fun?
"Look at that refunder,"
the shoppers all scoffed,
but I had the last laugh,
when they took triple off!
Trending on TDS
- 7 questions to ask a potential financial advisor
- Getting money out of your 401k after retirement
- Who is giving you financial advice?
- How to waste a sudden inheritance
- Be radical, get rich
- 5 easy steps to grow an emergency fund
- 6 reasons for investing in the stock market
- Beating bank fraud and other financial scams
- 7 times you can save money by spending money
- 5 ways to beat rising fees on checking accounts
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal