The Last Laugh
by Marge Jesberger
I decided to sort through the pile,
it seemed like the thing to do,
My coupons were crushed and mildewed
and one had expired in l992.
There were some in shoe boxes and
proofs of purchase on the floor,
my collection was growing,
so I drove to the store.
The aisle was crowded,
my cart weighed a ton,
would you believe that
I considered this fun?
"Look at that refunder,"
the shoppers all scoffed,
but I had the last laugh,
when they took triple off!
Trending on TDS
- 5 ways to prevent elderly relatives from throwing away money
- Couple's finances: Should you combine or keep money separate?
- The difference between credit and debit
- Before you hunt for a job
- How to adjust your financial plan for the new year
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Traditional IRA vs. Roth IRA
- Tips for boosting your credit score
- 7 times you can save money by spending money
- Negotiating your next raise
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal