The Last Laugh
by Marge Jesberger
I decided to sort through the pile,
it seemed like the thing to do,
My coupons were crushed and mildewed
and one had expired in l992.
There were some in shoe boxes and
proofs of purchase on the floor,
my collection was growing,
so I drove to the store.
The aisle was crowded,
my cart weighed a ton,
would you believe that
I considered this fun?
"Look at that refunder,"
the shoppers all scoffed,
but I had the last laugh,
when they took triple off!
Trending on TDS
- Video: Tips for curbing impulse buying
- Understanding APR and your interest rate
- Managing your mortgage
- Finding financial advisors
- Handling finances in a second marriage
- Maximize your warranties
- How to create a budget that works for you
- 6 popular and free money-saving apps
- 5 money lessons learned from Monopoly
- 4 signs it's time to dump a stock
- 6 klutzy steps to debt mismanagement
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal