The Last Laugh
by Marge Jesberger
I decided to sort through the pile,
it seemed like the thing to do,
My coupons were crushed and mildewed
and one had expired in l992.
There were some in shoe boxes and
proofs of purchase on the floor,
my collection was growing,
so I drove to the store.
The aisle was crowded,
my cart weighed a ton,
would you believe that
I considered this fun?
"Look at that refunder,"
the shoppers all scoffed,
but I had the last laugh,
when they took triple off!
Trending on TDS
- Hiding debts from your spouse
- The difference between wants and needs
- Bankruptcy: Is it the best way out?
- How to stop an overspending spouse Slideshow
- Minimizing damage from an overdue medical bill Video
- Poor credit and checking accounts
- 6 ways to significantly boost your income
- 9 IRA secrets you should know
- Is closing a credit card a good or a bad move?
- 5 credit card perks that can help you out in a pinch
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal