The Last Laugh
by Marge Jesberger
I decided to sort through the pile,
it seemed like the thing to do,
My coupons were crushed and mildewed
and one had expired in l992.
There were some in shoe boxes and
proofs of purchase on the floor,
my collection was growing,
so I drove to the store.
The aisle was crowded,
my cart weighed a ton,
would you believe that
I considered this fun?
"Look at that refunder,"
the shoppers all scoffed,
but I had the last laugh,
when they took triple off!
Also in Money
- 6 ways to pay off credit card debt
- 10 sure-fire savings tips for 2014
- Do you really need an emergency fund?
- Taking a short-term loan from your IRA
- Negotiating a divorce settlement
- The high price of waiting to save