courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1993 Camaro Z28 and I am having problems with the window. It started in the summer then went away. I ignored it and now its back and worse than ever. Its an automatic window and when I push the button to roll down it only goes a little way. Same when I'm rolling it up. After about a half an hour and pushing the button every 5 minutes my window is finally back up. Its just my drivers side. What would cause this??
Most likely the motor has worn out or the window track needed to be lubricated. Your next step is to remove the door panel and inspect what is happening while trying to move the window. Sometimes a good lubricant on the gears and mechanisms works wonders. Don't use WD40, that's not good enough. A spray silicon would be better.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Financial benefits to living in a mobile or manufactured home
- Repurposing an entertainment center
- How to renew your home's doors
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Planning your summer garden
- The natural feeding of roses
- Removing mold from your walls
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 things to do before you buy a home
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?