courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1993 Camaro Z28 and I am having problems with the window. It started in the summer then went away. I ignored it and now its back and worse than ever. Its an automatic window and when I push the button to roll down it only goes a little way. Same when I'm rolling it up. After about a half an hour and pushing the button every 5 minutes my window is finally back up. Its just my drivers side. What would cause this??
Most likely the motor has worn out or the window track needed to be lubricated. Your next step is to remove the door panel and inspect what is happening while trying to move the window. Sometimes a good lubricant on the gears and mechanisms works wonders. Don't use WD40, that's not good enough. A spray silicon would be better.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Getting rid of hornets
- Does home ownership or renting make more sense in retirement? Expert Interview
- Finding an affordable safe handyman
- Make your decor pop with these little things
- Affordable window treatments
- Make a game room for your family on a dime
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?