courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1993 Camaro Z28 and I am having problems with the window. It started in the summer then went away. I ignored it and now its back and worse than ever. Its an automatic window and when I push the button to roll down it only goes a little way. Same when I'm rolling it up. After about a half an hour and pushing the button every 5 minutes my window is finally back up. Its just my drivers side. What would cause this??
Most likely the motor has worn out or the window track needed to be lubricated. Your next step is to remove the door panel and inspect what is happening while trying to move the window. Sometimes a good lubricant on the gears and mechanisms works wonders. Don't use WD40, that's not good enough. A spray silicon would be better.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- How to clean and restore cast-iron cookware
- Homemade fireplace logs
- Frugal ways to winterize your home
- Is it cost-effective to make your own laundry detergent?
- Recipes for homemade fabric fresheners
- Inexpensive reupholstery
- Make your own cleaners
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- How to keep your mortgage data safe from hackers
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- Flood insurance too high? You may have options
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?