courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1993 Camaro Z28 and I am having problems with the window. It started in the summer then went away. I ignored it and now its back and worse than ever. Its an automatic window and when I push the button to roll down it only goes a little way. Same when I'm rolling it up. After about a half an hour and pushing the button every 5 minutes my window is finally back up. Its just my drivers side. What would cause this??
Most likely the motor has worn out or the window track needed to be lubricated. Your next step is to remove the door panel and inspect what is happening while trying to move the window. Sometimes a good lubricant on the gears and mechanisms works wonders. Don't use WD40, that's not good enough. A spray silicon would be better.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Will my insurance spike if I rent out my basement?
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- 5 tips to sell a home before buying another
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?