Country Ribs n' Kraut
Courtesy of Cathy M. of Menomonee Falls, WI
Here's a very easy and tasty recipe for Country Style Ribs:
3 lbs country style ribs
1 large can sauerkraut
1 1/2 lbs red salad potatoes
Salt and pepper to taste (after cooking)
Add ribs to bottom of slow-cooker. Wash potatoes and then lay on top of ribs. Add kraut and simmer on low slow-cooker setting for 7-9 hours. I usually check them at about 7 hours and see if they need a "boost of heat" and I might cook them on high for an hour. Taste to see if you need salt and pepper. Ribs should fall off the bone! My family likes to mix it all together and add a little BBQ sauce on top.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- 5 ways to prevent elderly relatives from throwing away money
- Teaching small children about wants and needs
- Could a home security system be right for you?
- 10 kid-friendly tips for surviving long winter days
- Keeping your toddler warm at night
- Home remedies for colds and flus
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- December bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- A dozen things you should buy in December
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- How to start writing your will
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator