Country Ribs n' Kraut
Courtesy of Cathy M. of Menomonee Falls, WI
Here's a very easy and tasty recipe for Country Style Ribs:
3 lbs country style ribs
1 large can sauerkraut
1 1/2 lbs red salad potatoes
Salt and pepper to taste (after cooking)
Add ribs to bottom of slow-cooker. Wash potatoes and then lay on top of ribs. Add kraut and simmer on low slow-cooker setting for 7-9 hours. I usually check them at about 7 hours and see if they need a "boost of heat" and I might cook them on high for an hour. Taste to see if you need salt and pepper. Ribs should fall off the bone! My family likes to mix it all together and add a little BBQ sauce on top.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Helping your parents move out of the family homestead
- DIY kids' haircuts
- Flying with babies
- Do I need a will?
- The quest to find cheap food for baby
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator