Country Ribs n' Kraut
Courtesy of Cathy M. of Menomonee Falls, WI
Here's a very easy and tasty recipe for Country Style Ribs:
3 lbs country style ribs
1 large can sauerkraut
1 1/2 lbs red salad potatoes
Salt and pepper to taste (after cooking)
Add ribs to bottom of slow-cooker. Wash potatoes and then lay on top of ribs. Add kraut and simmer on low slow-cooker setting for 7-9 hours. I usually check them at about 7 hours and see if they need a "boost of heat" and I might cook them on high for an hour. Taste to see if you need salt and pepper. Ribs should fall off the bone! My family likes to mix it all together and add a little BBQ sauce on top.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- What's on sale in November
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Kids' activities for Thanksgiving gatherings
- 5 ways to reduce the cost of kids' clothing
- What's the best way to bring a puppy into your family?
- 13 things to teach your children that will make their financial lives easier
- How a single mom can create multiple income streams
- Instead of toys for Christmas
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator