Country Ribs n' Kraut
Courtesy of Cathy M. of Menomonee Falls, WI
Here's a very easy and tasty recipe for Country Style Ribs:
3 lbs country style ribs
1 large can sauerkraut
1 1/2 lbs red salad potatoes
Salt and pepper to taste (after cooking)
Add ribs to bottom of slow-cooker. Wash potatoes and then lay on top of ribs. Add kraut and simmer on low slow-cooker setting for 7-9 hours. I usually check them at about 7 hours and see if they need a "boost of heat" and I might cook them on high for an hour. Taste to see if you need salt and pepper. Ribs should fall off the bone! My family likes to mix it all together and add a little BBQ sauce on top.
Fabulous slow-cooker recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- Inexpensive meal ideas for family reunions
- Frugal family journeys into geneology
- Avoiding your parents' debts
- Giveaway: Back-to-school lunch essentials
- Baby toys you can make
- Respect for a stay-at-home mom
- Saving kids from consumierism
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Beating the back-to-school budget blues
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in July
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator