Sounds Like a Siren
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I own a '89 Bonneville LE. Lately, I have been noticing a siren like sound coming from about the center of the engine more to the passenger side. This noise has been increasing when I step on the gas. Also, things seem to get a bit dimmer until I step on the gas! The power door locks have not been working properly and the power windows seem to move very slowly. There is a new battery and the belt seems fine. Can you help?
It very well could be the bearings in the alternator that are squealing. Does the pitch or the volume of the sound change as you increase engine speed?
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.