Luscious Layered Dinner
Courtesy of Michele D.
- 6 potatoes -- sliced
- 1 large onion -- sliced
- 2 carrots -- sliced
- 1 green pepper -- sliced
- 1 zucchini -- sliced
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup peas, frozen or fresh
- Optional vegetables: mushrooms, broccoli, green beans
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tamari, low-sodium
- 1 tsp thyme -- ground
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sage
- 2 tbs parsley flakes
Layer vegetables in large casserole in order given. Mix together ingredients for sauce and pour over vegetables. Cook six hours at high or 12 at low. Serves 8.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in August
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- 5 ideas for a kid-free mom cave
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Store brands: Extreme savings without the coupons
- An easy money lesson for children
- How much do kids need to know about the family budget?
- 8 ways to save on children's clothing
- Home improvement with kids!
- Let's play with edible clay!
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator