Luscious Layered Dinner
Courtesy of Michele D.
- 6 potatoes -- sliced
- 1 large onion -- sliced
- 2 carrots -- sliced
- 1 green pepper -- sliced
- 1 zucchini -- sliced
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup peas, frozen or fresh
- Optional vegetables: mushrooms, broccoli, green beans
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tamari, low-sodium
- 1 tsp thyme -- ground
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sage
- 2 tbs parsley flakes
Layer vegetables in large casserole in order given. Mix together ingredients for sauce and pour over vegetables. Cook six hours at high or 12 at low. Serves 8.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- Could you live without electricity and discretionary spending for a month?
- A 'glam" party for a 13 year old girl
- Could picky eating now lead to financial problems later?
- Don't toss your financial resolutions just yet Giveaway
- Removing pet urine smells
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- January bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- Raising kids that launch Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- Best places to sell 8 popular household items
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator