Luscious Layered Dinner
Courtesy of Michele D.
- 6 potatoes -- sliced
- 1 large onion -- sliced
- 2 carrots -- sliced
- 1 green pepper -- sliced
- 1 zucchini -- sliced
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup peas, frozen or fresh
- Optional vegetables: mushrooms, broccoli, green beans
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tamari, low-sodium
- 1 tsp thyme -- ground
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sage
- 2 tbs parsley flakes
Layer vegetables in large casserole in order given. Mix together ingredients for sauce and pour over vegetables. Cook six hours at high or 12 at low. Serves 8.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Are there any good generic dog food brands?
- A financial safety net for single moms
- Keeping your kids well-clothed for less
- Fun recipes to keep the kids busy this summer
- Kids' parties: Keeping the expenses down while turning up the fun
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator