Luscious Layered Dinner
Courtesy of Michele D.
- 6 potatoes -- sliced
- 1 large onion -- sliced
- 2 carrots -- sliced
- 1 green pepper -- sliced
- 1 zucchini -- sliced
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup peas, frozen or fresh
- Optional vegetables: mushrooms, broccoli, green beans
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tamari, low-sodium
- 1 tsp thyme -- ground
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sage
- 2 tbs parsley flakes
Layer vegetables in large casserole in order given. Mix together ingredients for sauce and pour over vegetables. Cook six hours at high or 12 at low. Serves 8.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Sizzling savings: The 10 best deals in July
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- How are relationships faeected by money?
- What's best for baby? Store vs. name brands
- Happy homemaking the homemade way
- This week's Readers' Tips