Luscious Layered Dinner
Courtesy of Michele D.
- 6 potatoes -- sliced
- 1 large onion -- sliced
- 2 carrots -- sliced
- 1 green pepper -- sliced
- 1 zucchini -- sliced
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup peas, frozen or fresh
- Optional vegetables: mushrooms, broccoli, green beans
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tamari, low-sodium
- 1 tsp thyme -- ground
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sage
- 2 tbs parsley flakes
Layer vegetables in large casserole in order given. Mix together ingredients for sauce and pour over vegetables. Cook six hours at high or 12 at low. Serves 8.
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- What's on sale in November
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Kids' activities for Thanksgiving gatherings
- 5 ways to reduce the cost of kids' clothing
- What's the best way to bring a puppy into your family?
- 13 things to teach your children that will make their financial lives easier
- How a single mom can create multiple income streams
- Instead of toys for Christmas
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator