Frozen Windshield Washers
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
5 Ways to Prepare Your Car for Winter Driving
A Winter Emergency Kit
Do you have any hints for stopping the windshield washer fluid in my windshield wipers from freezing. The container inside the car does not freeze, but if it is cold enough, the fluid that is left in the wiper blades freezes thereby blocking the fluid to clean the windows.
I have the same problem when I get the washer bottle filled up at the oil change place. I think their mixture is too lean (too much water). What I do in the winter, is add half of a can of the washer concentrate to the premixed fluid and it seems to work.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Trending on TDS
Helpful Tools & Resources
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?