Frozen Windshield Washers
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
5 Ways to Prepare Your Car for Winter Driving
A Winter Emergency Kit
Do you have any hints for stopping the windshield washer fluid in my windshield wipers from freezing. The container inside the car does not freeze, but if it is cold enough, the fluid that is left in the wiper blades freezes thereby blocking the fluid to clean the windows.
I have the same problem when I get the washer bottle filled up at the oil change place. I think their mixture is too lean (too much water). What I do in the winter, is add half of a can of the washer concentrate to the premixed fluid and it seems to work.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?