Tangy Pork Chops
Courtesy of Betty F.
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 tsp salt, optional
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tbs cider vinega
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 beef bouillon cube (or package)
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 2 tbs water
- Hot cooked rice - optional
Place chops in slow cooker, sprinkle with pepper, and salt if desired. Add the onions and celery, green pepper and tomatoes. Combine ketchup, vinegar, sugar Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and bouillon, pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth, stir into liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. (A little trick I do is to prepare all the vegetables the night before because I find it makes the morning easier.)
Fabulous crock pot recipes, tasty cookie recipes, and vegetarian, vegan, and healthy raw food recipes shared by a natural health food writer who loves to eat. Fun! Visit Chet at http://chetday.com/easyhealthyrecipes.htm
Trending on TDS
- Financial issues for Alzheimer's families
- How to become a work at home mom Video
- Is Amazon Subscribe & Save worth it?
- Prom party decorations for less
- Should you pay for your kids' college?
- How to reduce the cost of divorce
- Surviving as a single mom
- Frugal Easter basket ideas
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- March bargains in supermarket and beyond
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in March
- 5 types of freebies you can snag today
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator