Creating Outdoor Rooms from Scratch, on a Budget!
Repairing a Chiminea
I just received a chiminea as a gift. It was purchased in Mexico and did not come with any instructions. I sure am glad I did a search on the subject and found your web page. Thanks for all the good information. I wondered if you had any experience with people using the "Duraflame" logs in their unit? I thought I would use these logs as the fire will not get as intense and the mess of the ashes will be very easy to clean.
Duraflame logs are an easy, neat and admittedly lazy way to enjoy a fire. Regarding ceramic chimineas, using a Duraflame log is fine once your chiminea is broken in with a few short small fires per our article.
Artificial logs have a long burn so be sure you have enough "laid-back" time available to enjoy it! If you're short on time, consider cutting the log in half (length-wise) with a reciprocating saw or chain saw. Leave the paper on the log halves because it is needed for proper lighting.
Have a small home repair question for THE NATURAL HANDYMAN? Just click here www.naturalhandyman.com/aitikia
For more home repair information, visit NH's growing list of original home repair articles and quality links www.naturalhandyman.com
If this information has been valuable to you, please consider making a small donation to support NH's free service to the home repair community! For more information, please visit our "Friends" page www.naturalhandyman.com/friends
The Natural Handyman Site Directory
- Home Repair Articles www.naturalhandyman.com/iip
- Home Repair Links Library www.naturalhandyman.com/linkslibrary
- NH's Bookshop www.naturalhandyman.com/bookshop
- Find a handyman at www.naturalhandyman.com/network
- Win unique home repair gifts and prizes at www.naturalhandyman.com/contest
Please read the important copyright and disclaimer information is located at www.naturalhandyman.com/copyright
Also in Home
- 12 frugal tips for a warm home
- The many uses for baking soda
- What you need to know about home maintenance schedules
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?