Creating Outdoor Rooms from Scratch, on a Budget!
Repairing a Chiminea
I just received a chiminea as a gift. It was purchased in Mexico and did not come with any instructions. I sure am glad I did a search on the subject and found your web page. Thanks for all the good information. I wondered if you had any experience with people using the "Duraflame" logs in their unit? I thought I would use these logs as the fire will not get as intense and the mess of the ashes will be very easy to clean.
Duraflame logs are an easy, neat and admittedly lazy way to enjoy a fire. Regarding ceramic chimineas, using a Duraflame log is fine once your chiminea is broken in with a few short small fires per our article.
Artificial logs have a long burn so be sure you have enough "laid-back" time available to enjoy it! If you're short on time, consider cutting the log in half (length-wise) with a reciprocating saw or chain saw. Leave the paper on the log halves because it is needed for proper lighting.
Have a small home repair question for THE NATURAL HANDYMAN? Just click here www.naturalhandyman.com/aitikia
For more home repair information, visit NH's growing list of original home repair articles and quality links www.naturalhandyman.com
If this information has been valuable to you, please consider making a small donation to support NH's free service to the home repair community! For more information, please visit our "Friends" page www.naturalhandyman.com/friends
The Natural Handyman Site Directory
- Home Repair Articles www.naturalhandyman.com/iip
- Home Repair Links Library www.naturalhandyman.com/linkslibrary
- NH's Bookshop www.naturalhandyman.com/bookshop
- Find a handyman at www.naturalhandyman.com/network
- Win unique home repair gifts and prizes at www.naturalhandyman.com/contest
Please read the important copyright and disclaimer information is located at www.naturalhandyman.com/copyright
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?