Finding the PCV Valve
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1995 Nissan 4X4 truck and have been doing a 60,000 mile tune-up. I want to replace the PCV valve as the manual suggests but I cannot locate it. The valve is supposed to be located next to the intake manifold. Any ideas?
Sometimes, they can be tricky to find. The PCV will be located in a tube connecting the intake manifold with the valve cover. This will let oil vapors "breathe".
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Ways to reuse an entertainment center
- The cost of using your clothes dryer
- Hay bale gardens
- Priortizing home repair projects
- Great ideas for decorating your entry on a dime
- Easy, inexpensive ways to grow from seed
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?